Thursday, April 26th 2018, 9:48am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mastupristi

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2016

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 1:12pm

Where do the fonts come from?

I was able to establish that the GUI_FONT_13B_ASCII font is based on the TrueType Tahoma font. With Font Converter I verified the equality of about ten characters and numbers.
I wonder which font the GUI_FONT_16B_ASCII is based on.

best regards
Max

mastupristi

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2016

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 5:37pm

I read thist post, but I'm puzzled.
I tried to convert the Tahoma Bold 13 to a standard font (not extended). I attached the c file created (with txt extension). I then made a program to display the printable characters ASCII first with the embedded font 13B and then with the one I created. I have also attached those screenshot. If you see the result it is surprisingly identical. I find it hard to think that this is a coincidence. I am more inclined to think that Segger started from Tahoma to make his 13B font.
Based on this hypothesis I assumed that Segger must have followed a similar path for the 16B font. Hence my question: on which font did Segger base his 16B?

best regards
Max
mastupristi has attached the following images:
  • 13B.png
  • Tahoma13B.png
mastupristi has attached the following file: