Problems with J-Link on LPC2478

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problems with J-Link on LPC2478

Hello,

I´m having problems with the J-Link on a board with NXP LPC2478. The J-Link works on the Embedded Artists kit, so it´s probable that the problem is in my hardware, but I can´t find it. The J-Link error message, on IAR ARM, is the following:

Mon Apr 19 09:47:58 2010: Fatal error: Could not find supported CPU core on JTAG chain Bad JTAG communication: Write to IR: Expected 0x1, got 0x0 (TAP Command : 2) @ Off 0x5. Bad JTAG communication: Write to IR: Expected
    0x1, got 0x7 (TAP Command : 2) @ Off 0x5. Session aborted!
    Mon Apr 19 09:47:58 2010: Failed to load flash loader: C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 5.4\arm\config\flashloader\NXP\FlashLayout3RAM32K.out
    Mon Apr 19 09:47:58 2010: Failed to load flash loader: C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 5.4\arm\config\flashloader\NXP\FlashNXPLPC512K1.flash

And the J-Link´s led blinks in the red color, instead the usual blue.

I need some help to find the problem in my hardware. Based in this message, someone here knows something about it?

TIA

Best Regards,

Marcelo Paz

The post was edited 1 time, last by marcelopaz ().

• Hi marcelopaz,

is J-Link commander able to connect to the device (you should also test the halt, go and memory read commands)?
    Could you please post the output of JLink.exe?

Do you use fixed JTAG speed, auto detection speed or adaptive clocking?
    Please note when using fixed speed: On ARTM7TDMI-S core the maximum JTAG frequency which can be used is about 1/8 - 1/6 of the core speed.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.