[ABANDONED] MAC7116 dead after trying to read it's flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] MAC7116 dead after trying to read it's flash

Today i wanted to read the internal and external Flash of a MAC7116 Microcontroller on an car instrument cluster. The J-Flash 6.22g tool did connect instandly and i choose "Target-> Manual programming -> Read back -> Entire Chip". This starts with 4 progress bars and in the last is stops with an error message. After that the system does not start any more, like it's killed.

The J-Link Commander could still connect to the chip, identify it, but could not halt the CPU and therefore it can't to anything.

Help please!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Today i wanted to read the internal and external Flash of a MAC7116 Microcontroller on an car instrument cluster.

How did you address the external flash? Did you write a flash loader with our open flash loader interface or did you use a CFI compliant Flash and initialized it accordingly?
    Was the device "locked" in some way before the read attempt and first connect?
    Could you post the J-Link Commander output that shows what happens if you try to reset and halt the device?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.