J-Link GDB Server on Vista?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link GDB Server on Vista?

I've recently been forced to upgrade to Windows Vista, but the J-Link device no longer works properly. I noticed on the website that the J-Link GDB server only supports Windows 2000/XP (I'm using version 3.74h). The driver is most likely not functioning properly because the J-Link GDB Server window shows "Target: Not Connected." Is there any way that I can get the driver to work properly, or is there a newer version that might work?

When using Vista to connect to the J-Link via GDB, I currently receive the problem:

arm-elf$gdb
    GNU gdb 6.1
    Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
    welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
    Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
    There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-cygwin --target=arm-elf".
    Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
    The target is assumed to be big endian
    Couldn't establish connection to remote target
    putpkt: write failed: Software caused connection abort.

(arm9)

Is there any way to overcome this issue?

Thanks,
    - James

The post was edited 1 time, last by James ().

• Hi James,

not only the latest Beta should work fine under Vista, but also the current Release.
    There are no known problems.

--Rolf
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.