[ABANDONED] J-Link is low on memory -- restart from command-line?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link is low on memory -- restart from command-line?

Hi!

I wrote in another thread some time ago about getting this problem:

Source Code

1. ****** Error: The connected J-Link (S/N XXXXXXXX) is low on memory. Target connection cannot be established

I have now fixed my test automation setup so I will not get this problem ordinarily. But, sometimes when I use the debugger manually, I do something that puts the debugger in this state anyway (e.g. when closing a Python process abruptly, giving it no chance to close the connection correctly).

When that happens, I have to unplug and replug the debugger to get it working again. This is OK when I run on my own computer, but sometimes I run things remotely on a computer on the other side of the office building...

Then, it would be nice to have some way to completely restart the debugger (in a manner similar to unplugging and replugging the USB cable) from the command-line, or some other program. Is there a convenient way to do this?

This is not a big and important problem, but it would be nice if it was possible. :)

Best regards,
    Fabian
  • Hello Fabian,

To be able to investigate this further we would need a simple reproduction scenario so we can see where this issue is exactly coming from and what can be done to avoid it.
    Usually J-Link resets session information after a fixed timeout if the connections gets terminated unexpected.

What J-Link Version are you using for your tests?
    What happens after a connection terminates unexpectedly? Do you reconnect immediately or wait a couple of seconds for the next try?
    Could you provide us with a simple reproduction scenario (preferably on eval board hardware)?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.