[SOLVED] J-Link Base malfunctioning after development board installation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Base malfunctioning after development board installation

My J-Link Base started to malfunction after installing Silicon Labs development board with integrated Segger J-Link variant. When I plugged in the development board and started the Silabs Simplicity Studio, a Segger J-Link FW/driver updater was triggered. After the update my J-Link cannot connect to any target anymore. When I connect to the debugger with J-Flash Commander, it reports VTref as 0.200V regardless of voltage in the pin (wired to ground = 0.200V, +3.3V from external PSU = 0.200V)

Now I noticed another weird feature: If I plug the J-Link into the same USB port where the Silabs J-Link was, the debugger LED starts to flash red and the Windows reports "USB device not recognised" message.

Any idea how to solve this?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Juho_L ().

• Hello,

We received the same request per e-mail.
    This thread will be closed now.

For all future visitors. The J-Link is most likely defective and needs to be replaced.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.