[SOLVED] [Ozone] Problem with ELF DWARF4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] [Ozone] Problem with ELF DWARF4

Hello,

I am currently using:
    - Ozone 2.56e on Linux with the JLink DLLs 6.30h;

I have an issue where if I am to compile an ELF with DWARF4 instead of DWARF3 (in TI Code Composer Studio), Ozone, either doesn't show debug symbols, either it displays a list of errors of the kind "ElfLib: libdwarf: Line info section too short in func _dwarf_lineno_init (offset, 0x...)".

I thought that it was my compiler having issues until I tried to debug the exact same binary in Eclipse Oxygen with the GNU MCU Eclipse 4.3.2 plugin and a JLink Debug Configuration. In Eclipse all the symbols are loaded and the debugging behaviour is the same as with DWARF3 debug symbols.

This seems to point the problem in Ozone.

I've created an empty TI Code Composer Studio project and compiled to a binary with DWARF4 to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Alessandro

Files
    • dwarf4.zip

(23.3 kB, downloaded 461 times, last: )
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry and providing a reproduction scenario.
    We were able to reproduce the issue and it will be fixed in the next Ozone release version.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Allesandro,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.