[SOLVED] qualcomm msm8996

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] qualcomm msm8996

hello.

i am trying to debug early init (bootloader and early linux kernel part) on the linux dev board with msm8996 (application processor side).

on connect with jlink commander latest version i can see the following id's

TotalIRLen = 20, IRPrint = 0x000211
    JTAG chain detection found 3 devices:
    #0 Id: 0x5BA00477, IRLen: 04, CoreSight JTAG-DP
    #1 Id: 0x000016DD, IRLen: 05, Unknown device
    #2 Id: 0x1006F0E1, IRLen: 11, Unknown device

if i doing "connect" as cortex M3 i am able to debug some code, but i think this is bootrom code for secure ARM core. like when i am stopping it is sitting in WFI in some address close to 0 (i am assuming this is bootrom for it)
    application processor also stops and runs on resume, but the question is that i want to debug main app, not this one...

is it possible to connect correct core with jlink?

thanks in advance...

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    ARMv8-A support is not added yet, but we are working on it. Rudimentary Cortex-A53 support is expected to be released in Q2 2018.
    The Qualcomm Kryo cores that the msm8996 is using is listed as "ARMv8-A compatible". So there is a chance that it might work with J-Link.
    But no promises as "compatible" can mean a lot of things.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.