[SOLVED] Embedded Studio 3.34 + Ozone 2.56e + i.MXRT1052 EVK Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Embedded Studio 3.34 + Ozone 2.56e + i.MXRT1052 EVK Issue

Hello:

I am having a debug issue with the NXP i.MX RT1052EVK with Ozone.

Setup:
    ---------------------------
    Embedded Studio 3.34
    Ozone 2.56e

i.MXRT1052 EVK

Using External J-LINK debugger on J21

The board is jumpered to boot from HyperFlash (although I am only testing RAM only projects).

What is Working:
    ----------------------------------------

I was abel to create the sample Hello world project in Embedded Studio after installing the 1-52 support package. It could compile and download fine. I could single step, etc withing embedded studio. Hellow World messages showedup in the debug terminal.

Problem:
    -------------------------------------------

I prefer to use the ozone debugger. From the "Debug" menu I selected "Debug With Ozone". Ozone startup successfully. When to tried to download, ozone froze here. (Screenshot attached).

I eventually get "failed to read target status. Abort Debug Session".

I think this may be an ozone issue as I can debug in embedded studio.

Also, I have also debugged via NXP's MCUXpresso tool. I would like to get Ozone up an running as it has been the best debug tool

Images
    • ozone.png

131.63 kB, 1,920×1,162, viewed 923 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    For this particular device to work with Ozone you need to uncomment the functions TargetReset() and AfterTargetDownload() in the .jdebug file.
    To do this simply save the Ozone project and edit the .jedebug file.

Does this work for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino:

Thank you for the response.

I followed your instructions:

1.) Saved the .jdebug file
    2.) Uncommented the functions TargetReset() and AfterTargetDownload()

It seems to get a little further in the process but still hangs. I have attached my .jdebug file that was created by Embedded Studio launching Ozone as well as a capture of the console when the freeze occurs.

Note: I had to rename the .jdebug to .jdebug.txt to allow upload to the forum.
    Images
    • Ozone2.png

80.34 kB, 921×787, viewed 642 times
    Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eli Hughes ().

• Just a bump on this.

I recently grabbed Jlink6.31d (beta). Ozone now appears to work. My test application can single step, etc.

I did notice that there a couple i.MX RT1052 options.

in particular there is a

MIMXRT1052xxxxA

and a

MIMXRT1052xxxxB

What is the difference?

I looked in the JLinkdevices.xml

Source Code

"A" and "B" appear to be identical as they both use a hyper flash driver.

I though one might be for QSPI flash programming but "NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf" is never specified. (I found NXP_iMXRT105x_QSPI.elf in the JLink_V631d\Devices\NXP\iMXRT105x folder).

If I do want QSPI, can I simply edit the .XML file to use the correct driver?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

Great to hear that Ozone works now for you.
    A and B should be 99% identical. The difference between them should be described in the target device reference manual.
    How to switch between Hyperflash and QSPI is described here: wiki.segger.com/IMXRT105x

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.