Keyboard work with EDIT with physical keypad only

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Keyboard work with EDIT with physical keypad only

Hello,

Now days I tried to implement widget KEYBOARD based on this thread:
      http://forum.segger.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=11893&highlight=keyboard#post11893
      But, there're some problems with handling the focus.

In my scenario, the details:
      1) emWin should get input from physical keypad, and output to focused widget (I've done this)
      2) KEYBOARD should get input (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, Y) from emWin
      3) KEYBOARD should output corresponding key value to EDIT (not itself)

To achieve this:
      1) KEYBOARD should have focus to get input
      2) But the EDIT should have focus too to get input from KEYBOARD

So, what should I do? Any ideas?

Regards,
      Kenmux
    • Hi,

it is not necessary for the keaboard buttons to have the focus. In the callback function of the keyboard dialog you can react on the release messages of the buttons and call EDIT_AddKey().

Regards
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

1) emWin should get input from physical keypad, and output to focused widget (I've done this)
      I'm sorry, I must have missed this.

Do I get you right that you have two keyboards, a virtual and a physical one?

Regards
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.