Monday, April 23rd 2018, 10:53pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tj7

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 24th 2017

Friday, March 16th 2018, 8:21pm

[SOLVED] Registry view

I'm using Embedded Studio v3.34a, I have externally build executable for Cortex-M project, target is STM32F411RC
Debugging is working correctly, but in View->Registers window I see only 5 registers group.
How to enable another registers ? GPIO, TIMx and others ?

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Monday, March 19th 2018, 9:26am

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Did you specify a registers file in your project settings?
The registers you are seeing are the default Cortex-M registers.
For device specific registers you would need to install the device support package and either create a new project where the project gets created from the device specific files or you can copy the registers file to your current project.
More information about support package can be found here: https://www.segger.com/products/developm…gy/cpu-support/

After installing the package is then located at File->Open Studio Folder->Packages Folder->STM32F4xx

The registers xml file is then located at /XML/STM32F41x_Registers.xml
You can then add it to your project in project options under Debugger->Register Definition File

Best regards,
Nino
Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purposes is user to user interaction.
Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
The following contact form can be used for this: https://www.segger.com/about-us/contact-us/

tj7

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 24th 2017

Monday, March 19th 2018, 8:57pm

Thank you. It is working correctly, I see all registers. :thumbsup:

SEGGER - Nino

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 9:18am

Hi,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
We will consider his thread as solved now.

Best regards,
Nino
Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purposes is user to user interaction.
Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
Should you be entitled to support contact us per e-mail.
The following contact form can be used for this: https://www.segger.com/about-us/contact-us/