embOSView over USB (instead of UART)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embOSView over USB (instead of UART)

We are planning to use ATMEL AT91SAM7 (ARM7) controller together with embOS. I am short with pins, therefore I am thinking about using the USB device interface with its dedicated pins as debug interface. ATMEL supplies a USB framework and code to implement CDC serial driver (virtual com port). Any suggestions or hints, if this configuration will work together with embView?

There is an older thread with related topic about debugging over TCP/IP.
  • Hello Felix,

with ARM7 you can use DCC instead of Uart. DCC communication works via the JTAG port.
    We will also have a similary solution for Cortex M3 (which has no DCC) in near feature.

Please have a look in the RTOSinit.c, there you find the DCC code and coresponding
    compiler switches. If you have any problems to use DCC please let me know.

Does this work for you?

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • lyquochuy wrote:

Do you think about embOS & USB Webcam? can it do?

What do you exactly want to do? If you want to use a webcam in your application you have to handle it in your application. It is not related to embOS. But you can use emUSB to communicate with your webcam.

--TIl
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.