[SOLVED] Autocomplete With the TAB key

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Autocomplete With the TAB key

This is somewhat of a general environment question. I'm quite used to using the TAB key to autocomplete on suggested code (like Visual Studio does with Intellisense and also like Keil uVision does).

Is there a way to accomplish this using SES? I've tried looking into custom hotkeys and stuff but couldn't find anything. It seems like only the Enter or Return key accepts an autocomplete.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Ctrl+J is the right default combination.
    Some Hotkeys are remappable.
    You can find the file to edit under File->Open Studio Folder->Studio Folder->/bin/keyboard.xml

Before editing Embedded Studio must be closed and we suggest creating a backup of that file should editing go wrong.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hey Guys,

I believe CTRL+J brings up the code suggestions (intellisense). I've already remapped that to CTRL+SPACE as is common in many other environments.

However, I'm hoping to map the selection of suggested code to the TAB key. Currently TAB will NOT select a code suggestion, it will just add a TAB in the editor. I have to hit Enter or Return in order to choose a code suggestion. In many other IDEs hitting TAB will select a code suggestion.

I didn't see this as an option for remapping in the settings...so I presume this can't be modified then?

The post was edited 1 time, last by leonhart88 ().