[ABANDONED] Flasher ARM production supply power on / off ascii command

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Flasher ARM production supply power on / off ascii command

For my solution I need to power on/off the supply power of the Flasher. In the command list I found only ascii commands for programming, not for controlling the power supply.

Is it not possible to control the power supply via ascii command?

Is it possible to call the jflash.exe with parameters from our production program to control the power supply? (I think not)

Is it possible with the J-Link SDK to control the power supply? (maybe?)

Are there other solutions?

Thx

Best regards
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    For clarification, are you talking about the power supply of the Flasher itself or the possibility to supply the target device with power through Pin 19?
    In the latter case you can use J-Link Commander "power on" and "power off" for that.
    More information can be found in the J-Link user manual in section: Target power supply
    The same information can be found in the Flasher manual under the same section.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hallo Nino,

I am using the Flasher via RS-232 in my production environment (a .Net Application), for me it is important that the .Net application can power on and power off the device target power through Pin 19. I think with J-Link Commander it is not possible to control the process automatically with my .Net application.

Best regards,
    Julian
  • Hello Julian,

currently it is not implemented to do this by the ASCII command protocol. We could extend the interface to be capable of that. But we do not have concrete schedule for that. Do you have a dead line?

If you have a J-Link SDK, this can control of the power.

Best regards,
    Michael