[SOLVED] J-Flash Lite - XMC1402 connection ok, but programming/erasing does not work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Flash Lite - XMC1402 connection ok, but programming/erasing does not work

Hello Everyone,

maybe somebody can help me out here. I'm trying to use J-Flash Lite to program a board with XMC1402. A connection is made with the board, but programming and erasing is not possible. I've attached a screenshot. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance,

kfw
    Images
    • XMC_JFlashLite_NoProgramming.png

44.64 kB, 1,022×895, viewed 606 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Have you followed the instructions on our wiki page before programming?
    wiki.segger.com/XMC1000

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • thanks Nino - I've just reworked the board and replaced the XMC microcontroller with a new device and everything works fine. There seems to be a problem with the XMC device if the watchdog is activated during the communication, then all communication is lost. This seems to mean that the microcontroller can never be erased and the board is useless!
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    This seems to mean that the microcontroller can never be erased and the board is useless!

This is a pity. We suggest getting in contact with Infineon. They might know if the board is somehow recoverable.

We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.