[SOLVED] Rust support in Ozone?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Rust support in Ozone?

I used Ozone with a Rust program on a STM32 and my expierience was not really good.
    Most time it looks like Ozone can not relate source to machine code at all. (I thought debugging info ist language independent?)
    Also it does not recognise the Rust data types in the watch window.

Is there any Rust support planned? That would be great!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Ozone is a C/C++ debugger. Other programming languages might work but it is not guaranteed.

Also it does not recognise the Rust data types in the watch window.

This is quite possible as Ozone does not handle Rust specific data types.

Is there any Rust support planned? That would be great!

Currently there are no plans to do so.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • We also (in my company) use Rust and Ozone as a debugger.

It is true, watch data types and watch expression are not supported, however the rest seems fine. Ozone seems to have trouble recognizing data types sizes.

The Global/Local Data successfully recognizes rust variables. If you want to check the value of the data you have to right click and check the variable value in the memory browser itself.

You can also recognize rust functions and files in the source and function viewer.

I suppose this all work because in the end the debug symbols are pretty much language abstract.

Alessandro