[SOLVED] Support for MMWAVE radar chips from TI?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Support for MMWAVE radar chips from TI?

Hello,

I am working on MMWAVE automotive radar platforms from TI. They kind of force you to use CCS and TI debuggers, both of which we do not use. I was wondering if segger plans to support these chips or not? They are

AWR1243
    AWR1443
    AWR1642

Each has a Cortex-R4 in it. If there is no planned support, is there a way I can connect to a generic R4 using Keil or Segger Embedded Studio?

Thanks
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Currently this device is not supported and there are no plans to add support. Actually this is the first time we get an inquiry about this specific device family.
    But if they are generic Cortex-R4 compatible you should be able to connect to the using J-Link already by simply specific the generic Cortex-R4 as target device.
    For further debug support you can also add support yourself: wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices

We will get in contact with TI and see if we can get some eval boards with that target device so we can verify support.
    According to TI's website the AWR1243 does not seem to have a Cortex-R4 core and is solely a sensor.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • The 1243 has an R4 core but they have an SPI interface to it, and dont open the firmware, which is probably why they say its just a sensor. I posted in the TI forums and they said that they have been in contact with "you", whatever that means. There are some more 77Ghz chips coming out from ST (and NXP), and a lot of them are setup so you have to use the companies individual IDE, which is a real PITA. Would love segger support on this stuff.
  • Hello,

I posted in the TI forums and they said that they have been in contact with "you", whatever that means.

If they are in contact with us then not with the engineers. I could not find any correspondence with TI about that chip family.

There are some more 77Ghz chips coming out from ST (and NXP), and a lot of them are setup so you have to use the companies individual IDE, which is a real PITA. Would love segger support on this stuff.

Understandable. The chips definitely look interesting. We will see where the TI inquiry got "lost". Otherwise we will simply get in touch with them.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.