[SOLVED] J-Scope on Linux?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope on Linux?

Hi,
    J-Scope is a great tool and I'd like to use it on Linux. What ways are known to work?

I tried these:
    - With a Win guest in a virtualbox, J-Scope works fine, but the J-Link is attached to the virtualbox and I can't run a JLinkGDBServer on Linux in parallel.
    - J-Scope can be installed in wine, but neither the J-Link is reachable via USB (out of wine) nor can I connect via TCP/IP (localhost:2331) to a running JLinkGDBServer (under Linux, on localhost). I guess, "TCP/IP" is only for J-Link probes with ethernet interface.
  • Hello,

J-Scope is currently only available on Windows. We are planning to port all our software tools to Linux as well this year. J-Scope is one of the tools that has not been ported yet.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

We will consider this thread as answered now.
    To stay up to date on J-Scope releases we suggest subscribing to the J-Scope notification list: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=201

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.