Program from a .dat file? Atmel ARM7, SAM-ICE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Program from a .dat file? Atmel ARM7, SAM-ICE

Hello folks. I am just starting to learn ARM development here. I used the SAM-ICE tool and "J-FLASH ARM" to read back the contents of a device before I reprogrammed it from within the IAR IDE; now, I'd like to restore that original image. I read the chip contents and then saved using the "Save Programmer Data File" option in J-FLASH, which generated a .dat file. I can't seem to figure out how to load or program that image. Is this going to be possible, or did I save it in the wrong way?

Thanks!
  • Hi apullin,

The "Save programmer data file" and "Save programmer config file" are used for Flasher ARM only.

In your case, to save the content you read back, please use the "Save data file" or "Save data file as..." option.
    This will create a .hex / .mot / .bin / .srec file.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Is it possible to convert the .dat file to any of the other formats? Or extract the flash image from it? It looks like it's just a header and then a binary. If a tools doesn't currently exist for it, could you give any documentation on the .dat file format so I can figure out how to extract the flash image?