[SOLVED] FreeRTOS v10 compatibility ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] FreeRTOS v10 compatibility ?

I have read (somewhere on McuOnEclipse ?) that SystemView v2.52 is not currently compatible with FreeRTOS 10. Can you provide any information on what changes need to be made to make it work with FreeRTOS v10 ?
  • Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We have not looked into adding support for v10 yet but it is planned to be added next week to SystemView.
    Can you provide any information on what changes need to be made to make it work with FreeRTOS v10 ?

Most likely similar changes that needed to be applied to v8 and v9 as well.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I tried following the existing procedure (ie for FreeRTOS v9) to modify a FreeRTOS v10 installation, consisting of copying over the target source modules, adding SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf(); to main() and running the FreeRTOSV9_Core.patch over the v10 files.

I encountered some minor errors during compilation indicating "xJustPeeking" was undeclared where used in SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h. This occurred in the "#define traceQUEUE_xxxx" lines 212 to 229. I replaced all of these defines with versions taken from Erich Stygers github files which he has updated for v10 (github.com/ErichStyger/McuOnEc…SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h).

With those changes I was able to get SystemViewer running with FreeRTOS v10. I hope this helps.
  • Hi,

Thank you for the additional information.
    We have finished the V10 sample, patch and documentation and it will be part of the next official SystemView release.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

the release of the next SystemView release is scheduled for the next couple of weeks.
    However SystemView V2.52a is already FreeRTOSV10 Compatible. All you need to do is the apply the FreeRTOSV10 patch manually as described by user Geoff_S.
    Attached is our preliminary patchfile that needs to be applied that will be part of the next SystemView release.
    The file comes without claim for support and its content may change in the official release.

This thread will now be treates as solved as the initial question has been answered.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Files