[SOLVED] Download to EFM32 Happy Gecko Dev Kit fails

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Download to EFM32 Happy Gecko Dev Kit fails

Hi

I'm currently evaluating Embedded Studio and embOS Trial from here: segger.com/evaluate-our-softwa…abs/efm32-happy-gecko-dk/

Target is stock EFM32HG Dev Kit.

Unmodified project loads and builds fine but fails to download to target. I've tried projects 'Hello world' and 'Start_EFM32HG322' with the same result.

Preparing target for download
    Loading target script file EFM32HGxxx_Target.js
    Executing script Reset();
    Reset: Halt core after reset via DEMCR.VC_CORERESET.
    Reset: Reset device via AIRCR.SYSRESETREQ.
    Downloading ‘Hello World.elf’ to J-Link
    Programming 3.5 KB of addresses 00000000 — 00000e4f
    Programming 0.0 KB of addresses 00000e50 — 00000e5b
    Timeout while preparing target, RAMCode did not respond in time. (PC = 0x00000000, CPSR = 0x00000000, LR = 0x01000003)!
    Failed to prepare RAMCode using RAM
    I have verified that download works fine with Simplicity Studio. I didn't check with IAR yet. Also debugger connection seems to work, it's just that target download doesn't.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I would expect that "it simply works" -- no tweaking or configuration needed.

Best regards
    Juho
  • Hello Juho,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Embedded Studio 3.34a was shipped with J-Link DLL V6.30e.
    With that DLL version SiLabs asked us to add a new feature. Unfortunately it seems that we got incorrect information from SiLabs so the feature was implemented for some devices that don't support it as well.
    This will of course be fixed with our next J-Link software version expected to be released by the end of the week.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

As a current workaround we recommend downgrading the DLL in the Embedded Studio install folder by J-Link DLL V6.30d.

Simply overwrite the DLL in the ES install folder by the older DLL version and everything should be working again as expected.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Juho,

Great to hear that the workaround is working for you.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.