[SOLVED] STM32F7 programming errors

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] STM32F7 programming errors

Hello,
    we encounter weird programming errors with our custom STM32F7 board. When I try flash new firmware on the MPU, I encounter this error:

Source Code

1. J-Link: Failed to restore target. RAMCode never stops

It happens a random number of time (usually around 3) and after that it downloads the code without error. After a reset with JLinkSTM32 it always programs fine the first time. The next time, things start to get worse again. I suspect it might be a problem with the flash interface. The board uses 2.5V. Does JLink takes into account the correct access widths and wait states for the flash programming for this voltage level (see slide 13 and 14, link below)? Is there a way of checking this and perhaps manually changing these parameters?

st.com/content/ccc/resource/tr….STM32F7_Memory_Flash.pdf

Thanks!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The STM32F7 flash loader does a voltage check but only changes settings if the voltage is below 2.2 V. Everything above and the flash loader will run at 110 MHz CPU clock.
    Wait states are also taken account of.

Is there a way of checking this and perhaps manually changing these parameters?

Not possible to change this externally as it is hard coded into the J-Link library.

Keep in mind that the ST flash controller draws very high current during programming and erasing.
    So make sure that your power supply can deliver enough current.
    Check your supply voltage with a oscilloscope and see if the voltage drops when initiating erase and program sequences.
    If it drops make sure to increase the current limit of your power supply.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.