[SOLVED] J-Scope: saving manual channel layout in config

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope: saving manual channel layout in config

Hi,

in J-Scope I'm missing the feature that the manually set layout of the traces is saved in the config file, too.
    At start, Y Resolution and Offset is scaled automatically according to the data, which generally helps, but I'd like to store my manual settings for the Y Res. and Offset, too. E.g. if something crashes I have to manually restore the settings every time.
    Is there a way to make this easier?
    Thanks!
  • Hi,

did you try the latest version? I just tested it with the 5.10d and 6.11j, the settings (Y Resolution and Offset) are saved and restored correctly with the project.
    The values are named YOffset="..." and YResolution="..." in the project file.

Best regards,
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Yes, I tested 5.10d and 6.11j.
    YOffset="..." and YResolution="..." are stored and initially restored on opening an exisiting project, as you wrote. But the problem is that the channels get autoscaled and Y-shifted again when I start sampling and my manual settings are not respected any more.
    I manually set the parameter IsAutoConfig="0" for all channels in the config file, but this does not help.
    Maybe the question has to be rephrased: Is it possible to turn off autoscaling?
  • Hi,

I did not see this behavior during my tests, the Y-Offset should never be set automatically.
    Autoscaling should also be turned off, when you change scaling manually for the first time.

Could you please send me your project file?

Best regards
    Arne

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi, thanks for your reply. I retested and attached the files:

Setup: Win7Prof in Virtualbox on Fedora host, J-Link Edu, no issues with J-Scope or debugging
    Steps done:
    1) Created new project in J-Scope 6.11j.
    2) Started sampling, Y resolution and offset was adjusted automatically.
    3) Set Y resolution and Y offset, both for every channel, in the GUI, saved config to Test_01.jscope. (renamed later to Test_01.jscope.txt for upload)
    4) Closed J-Scope.
    5) Started J-Scope and loaded Test_01.jscope. The Y settings are as I set them manually before, see Test_01_opened.png.
    6) Started sampling, target is generating data.
    7) As soon as data comes in, J-Scope autoscales, see Test_01_StartedSampling.png
    It does not matter if first sampling in J-Scope is started and then the target starts sending data or vice versa, the behaviour is the same.
    Images
    • Test_01_opened.png

70.68 kB, 1,067×1,067, viewed 368 times
    • Test_01_StartedSampling.png

102.19 kB, 1,069×1,067, viewed 341 times
    Files
  • Hi,

using RTT the channels are reset to default values on every start of a sampling session.
    I tried using HSS, which behaves different and keeps the scaling values for future sessions.

I will put this on the feature request list, currently there is no way to keep the scaling values for RTT sessions.

Best regards,
    Arne