[SOLVED] [Ozone] Forced halt in SVC vector

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] [Ozone] Forced halt in SVC vector

Hello,

I am currently using:
    - Ozone 2.56c on Linux with the JLink DLLs 6.30d;
    - TMS570LC4357 on the XL2-570LC43(A) development board;
    - JTAG @1 MHz with semihosting Off and RTT Off;
    - No custom JLink scripts;

I have an issue where from time to time I am having problems whenever the ARM assembly "SVC #" instruction is called. Whenever I reset and continue, Ozone will break at 0x08 (ARM SVC vector) even if I didn't put a breakpoint there.

I've read that Semihosting uses the SVC location in order to work. I've tried to enable/disabling semihosting and reconfigure semihosting to use another memory location with "Project.SetSemihosting" and "Project.ConfigSemihosting" without any change.

I've also tried:
    - Using JLink DLLs 6.30e
    - Changing JTAG speed
    - Adding/removing breakpoints
    - Disconnect, Reconnect to target
    - Using Windows

If I continuosly reset and continue I eventually manage to continue,sometimes, without breaking at the SVC, but it's rather rare.

I've produced a simple assembly example where I just use the SVC assembly instruction and NOPs in TI Code Composer Studio. I've attached Code Composer Studio project files, Ozone project files and the binary to this thread.

As a note, the problem doesn't subsist if I use the embedded TI XDS110 debugger present on board.

Could you please point me in the right direction on why this happens and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro
    Images
    • invisible_svc_break.png

144.8 kB, 1,328×615, viewed 625 times
    Files
    • svc_example.zip

(22.84 kB, downloaded 464 times, last: )
  • Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for providing the example project.
    The issue was reproducible and we are currently working on a fix for this.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Alessandro,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.