Reading Multiedit text data via pointer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Reading Multiedit text data via pointer

Hi,

We are using multiedit as a text editor to read long files. When saving the data back to the file I have to first copy the text data using MULTIEDIT_GetText which wastes memory and a lot of time if the file is big then I dont have enough memory to copy this data to another variable.

Would like to see how I can use a pointer to directly access this data and save it without using MULTIEDIT_GetText.

thanks
    • Hi,

I'm afraid but this is not possible right now. There is no way to get a pointer to the memory address of the text from outside the emWin library.

Since we think that this would be a useful enhancement for the MULTIEDIT widget, we will add such a function for the MULTIEDIT widget in the future. But I can not say when this will happen and how long it will take for the silicon vendors to release this version.

If you buy a source code upgrade of emWin we could implement this function directly and you could get a upgrade directly from us.
      segger.com/products/user-inter…win/emwin-source-upgrade/

Regards
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.