[SOLVED] Erase Selected Sectors of STM8 in Standalone Mode with Flasher STM8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Erase Selected Sectors of STM8 in Standalone Mode with Flasher STM8

Hi,

I use the Flasher STM8 in Standalone mode and I can't find a way to only erase certain sectors of a STM8S003F3 chip.
    I want to re-program the chip program memory (0x8000 to 0x9FFF) while keeping EEPROM Data (0x4000 to 0x407F).

In Project Settings, under Flash, I set the Start Address to 0x8000 and End Address to 0x9FFF in order to only work on the Flash Program Memory.
    In Auto mode, only the option "Erase Chip" is available and, obviously, it erases all sectors.

When unticking "Erase Chip" step in Auto and using command #ERASE instead, it still erases all sectors.
    In the Flasher STM8 User Manual UM05006, it is said that using the #ERASE command should erase only selected sectors.

Is there another way or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
    Halex
  • Hi,

The solution was simple.

Unticking "Erase Chip" in Auto will make the programmer operate only on selected sectors, no need to use the #ERASE command.

Halex

The post was edited 3 times, last by HalexR ().

• Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.