[SOLVED] Ozone & FreeRTOS - Stack Info (Free / Size)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone & FreeRTOS - Stack Info (Free / Size)

I am using Ozone with debug files created in Atollic TrueStudio v8.1.0 and FreeRTOS v9. I added awareness to Ozone per the user manual and have the view for FreeRTOS displayed. I pause my program after letting it run for a short time. Under the "Stack Info (Free / Size)" column the free stack value is displayed but size is always N/A. Is this normal? If not, any suggestions on how to have the stack size displayed would be appreciated.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Are you running a debug version of the RTOS or the release build? Only the debug version will have this information available if supported by the RTOS.
    For more informations about debug information of FreeRTOS please contact FreeRTOS support.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

if this debug information is present in the RTOS the plugin will capture it. For more information about the RTOS you are using please contact FreeRTOS support in that regards.
    From our side everything is working as expected.

Is there a specific reason for using FreeRTOS and not our RTOS embOS which can be used for free for non-commercial use?
    segger.com/products/rtos/embos/
    The benefit is that the whole J-Link ecosystem works hand in hand with embOS apart from embOS being one of the best professional RTOS's on the market ;)

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.