[SOLVED] Ozone hangs when opening an elf file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone hangs when opening an elf file

Hi there,

i searched the forum and found similar posts, that ozone directly closes if an large .elf file is loaded. In my case ozone just hangs and does not respond anymore when i load my .elf file. The elf file is about 20MB.
    I use Ozone 2.56 64-bit and the newest j-link tools.
    I am running it on a Win10 64-Bit laptop with 16GB of ram which should be enough i think.

Does anyone else have a similar problem ?

Best,
    Hans
  • Oh ok. I think i have the same problem as other users already experienced it.

After approx. 15min of hanging/stalling Ozone managed to open my elf file. Is this still normal with the newest version ?
  • Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Could you provide us with an elf file for reproduction purposes?
    A stripped down version would also help as long as the issue is reproducible.
    What are your host PCs specs?
    What OS are you running? Is it natively or in a VM?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

my host PC specs are the following:

• Surface Book generation 1
    • Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2808 MHz, 2 Kern(e), 4 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
    • Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 16,0 GB
    • Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.16299 Build 1629, Runs natively
    I could provide you with the elf file but only if you keep it closed at SEGGER for debug purpose. I don't want to be it public in this forum. The file is about 20MB i could provide you with a download link via e-mail or pm.

Best,
    Hans
  • Hi Hans,

Thank you for providing detailed information.
    The elf file would be highly appreciated as it would speed up the investigation immensely. We will of course treat it confidentially and only use it internally to improve Ozone.
    I will contact you per PM with further details.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

quick update to this thread.
    The issue has been resolved by e-mail.
    A new Ozone version V2.56a has been released which fixes the reported issue.
    This thread will be marked as solved and closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino