Saturday, March 17th 2018, 7:29am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Date of registration: Mar 31st 2010

Saturday, February 3rd 2018, 2:11am

[SOLVED] Ozone, ThreadX, Trace, and the call stack

I am using Ozone + J-Trace Pro on a target that is running ThreadX, and I am seeing some pretty crazy results on the Timeline view. Unfortunately, the only environment I know of with a ThreadX awareness plugin is IAR, which this project is not set up for. Image 1 shows what I am seeing at some places; note the deep stacking of the same function (a while loop waiting on a queue).

Is it expected that the stack unwinding for Timeline view will not be able to decipher the context switches?

Of course, it is possible that I am actually catching a major error of my own here ...
Images 2 and 3 show what a return look like in a case where the Timeline believes that it has returned to a function stacked upon itself, and the corresponding instruction trace.
apullin has attached the following images:
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 3.50.17 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.43.58 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 4.44.03 PM.png

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2017

Monday, February 5th 2018, 2:33pm

Thank you for your inquiry.
ThreadX task awareness is not natively supported by Ozone. Ozone does not know when tasks end so they simply get stacked on top of each other.
More information about OS awareness can be found here:…rtos-awareness/

Best regards,