[SOLVED] cannot stop processor in Crossworks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] cannot stop processor in Crossworks

I use STM32F469NI Discovery board. I've convert ST-LINK to J-link and use with Eclipse for number of times.
    When in Crossworks in Targets windows I double click SEGGER J-link , Output windows say
    - Connecting "SEGGER J-link" completed
    - Cannot stop processor completed
    I must go to Eclipse and erase flash then come back Crossworks then I can connect. Or somehow when I push reset button good timing I can connect J-link in Crossworks. And can run/debug.
    I can connect no problem in Eclipse.
    I've try reduce speed from 4000khz to 2000,1000,500,100,50. So far still have problem.
    How to solve this?
    Thank
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Could you try connecting to the target device using J-Link commander? wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

Does that work?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I can connect with J-Link commander by only SWD.
    JTAG is not : "Selected interface (0) is not supported by connected debug probe"

In Crossworks I set j-link dll file to locate to JLink_x64.dll from j-link software pack which install version 6.30b latest.
    C:/Program Files (x86)/SEGGER/JLink_V630b/JLink_x64.dll

Many time I've to click debug/run or the J-link in target windows so I can connect. Sometime only few time click then I have got connect. Sometime click many times I have connect.
    When I got not connect , it show "cannot stop processor"

The post was edited 1 time, last by nquantum ().

• Hello,

Could you provide a screenshot of the commander output from the connect sequence? wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

JTAG is not :
    That is expected as the ST-Link does not support JTAG.

Could you also provide a screenshot of the error message in crossworks?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• 1. Pic is output from the connect with J-Link commander
    2. Error message in crosswork by double click SEGGER J-Link in Targets windows or click Run or Debug
    3. Show setting in target properties of J-Link
    4. Show when successful connect by : when I double click connect or click debug or run , Follow by I must press reset and release for 2-3 time then I have connection.
    Images
    • 1.jpg

203.83 kB, 841×1,035, viewed 382 times
    • 2.jpg

365.16 kB, 1,911×1,075, viewed 358 times
    • 3.jpg

388.56 kB, 1,913×1,052, viewed 376 times
    • 4.jpg

430.07 kB, 1,911×1,047, viewed 367 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for providing the additional pictures.
    Which J-Link software version are you using in Crossworks?
    Could you provide a J-Link log file of the session with the failed connection?
    wiki.segger.com/Enable_J-Link_log_file

Please understand that we can't put much time into this issue as it does not seem to be J-Link related as a connect with Commander is generally working.
    The issue is either related to some hardware issue of the ST-Link hardware which is provided by ST or to the connect sequence of Crossworks.

Best regards,
    Nino

• I use J-link V630b. (just upgrade from 6.30a , both have same issue)

pic1 : show setting of dll use I set to j-link dll
    pic2 : org of crossworks j-link dll before set

Both have same result, no connect easily. Work around is after click connect, I need follow by press and release reset button on STM32F469 discovery board.
    This problem not arise when use j-link commander or Eclipse arm + jlink.

Files log1-3 is from error connect "cannot stop processor".
    Files log A-C is from complete connect from work around link press reset or try to erase flash outside of crossworks then come back crossworks and then try connect.

File log1A is from connect from j-link commander.
    File log1A1 continue after connect j-link commander then exit.

I understand that you cannot put much time. Just try as you can please. Even it can work around but if can solve will be good.

Thank.
    Images
    • 1.jpg

335.19 kB, 1,918×1,079, viewed 354 times
    • 2.jpg

312.62 kB, 1,920×1,033, viewed 350 times
    Files
    • log.zip

(12.1 kB, downloaded 262 times, last: )
  • Hello,

Could you send us an Crossworks example project where the issue is reproducible for an eval board?

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello,

with the example project the issue was reproducible and as suspected it is related to an Crossworks error and not J-Link. So please get in contact with Crossworks support about this issue.
    For reference you can try the attached working project using our IDE Embedded Studio which works without issues using the project wizard.
    More information about Embedded Studio you can find here: segger.com/products/development-tools/embedded-studio/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Files