[SOLVED] Ozone V2.56 does not automatically call new Altera_Cyclone_V.JLinkScript JLink script introduced with JLink V6.30a

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone V2.56 does not automatically call new Altera_Cyclone_V.JLinkScript JLink script introduced with JLink V6.30a

Hello,

Ozone V2.56 may be missing the code automatically digesting the new Altera_Cyclone_V.JLinkScript script when a Cyclone V has been configured.
    I was able to work around the issue by adding a Project.SetJLinkScript() statement in the OnProjectLoad() function of my .jdebug project file:

void OnProjectLoad (void) {
    //
    // Dialog-generated settings
    //
    Project.SetDevice ("Cyclone V");
    Project.SetHostIF ("USB", "");
    Project.SetTargetIF ("JTAG");
    Project.SetTIFSpeed ("50 MHz");
    Project.AddSvdFile ("$(InstallDir)/Config/CPU/Cortex-A9.svd");
    Project.SetJLinkScript("D:/Program Files (x86)/SEGGER/JLink/Devices/Altera/Cyclone_V/Altera_Cyclone_V.JLinkScript");
    //
    // User settings
    //
    }

Best regards,
    Éric Périé

Update: Ozone V2.56 does probably not have latest JLinkARM.dll from JLink V6.30a: copying the latter into Ozone directory, and commenting out the extra line I had added worked well - you can just close thread I guess.
    Thank you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by eperie ().

• Hi Eric,

Ozone is not part of the J-Link software package so it needs to be referenced extra.
    Under windows you simply can run the JLinkDLLUpdater. There you will get a list of all external software installed using our DLL. Update the one in Ozone (while Ozone is closed) and the JLinkScript should load automatically.
    Should that not work or you are using Linux or MacOS you need to copy the JLinkDevices.xml and /Devices folder from the J-Link software install folder to the Ozone install folder.

Does one of these solutions work for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Eric,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this case as closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.