[SOLVED] Connect to OMAP5948

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Connect to OMAP5948

I bought a Segger J-Link EDU for my private testings (S/N 268004270). Maybe i shoot to high, but i tried to connect to a faulty radio (Blaupunkt Travelpilot FX) which has a OMAP5948 on board. The device is not booting up and i want to get more information by connecting to it's JTAG port to see what's wrong.

After browsing hours and hours i found out that this is not a standard device from TI and information about it is somewhat "confidential", so you can't find it anywhere. But it should be an ARM9 processor and an DSP inside (maybe C6000), so it is more like OMAP-L138. I also found description of the radios serviceport (orange connector at bottom of PCB) and connect it to the J-Link interface.
    Next i tried to connect with it, but neither autodetection nor ARM9 would do. Only errormessages.

Can someone please help me get into this, step-by-step?
    I've read about the basic functionality of JTAG and know that my J-Link is called a TAP in this terms. There must be a way to "detect" what devices can be found on the bus. Or do i have to specify anything, somewhere?
    Any help would be fine! Thanks in advance :)
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The particular OMAP device is currently not supported by J-Link natively.
    A similar thread was already opened regarding this chip earlier which should cover your questions: forum.segger.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4409

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks Nino, but i‘ve already read this. It did not work, something is different. Here is what i get

Source Code

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V622g>jlink
    2. SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.22g (Compiled Jan 17 2018 16:40:20)
    3. DLL version V6.22g, compiled Jan 17 2018 16:39:42
    4. Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
    5. Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compiled Nov 28 2014 13:44:46
    6. Hardware version: V8.00
    7. S/N: 268004270
    8. License(s): FlashBP, GDB
    9. OEM: SEGGER-EDU
    10. VTref = 3.371V
    11. Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help
    12. J-Link>con
    13. Please specify device / core. <Default>: ARM9
    14. Type '?' for selection dialog
    15. Device>OMAP-L138
    16. Please specify target interface:
    17. J) JTAG (Default)
    18. TIF>J
    19. Device position in JTAG chain (IRPre,DRPre) <Default>: -1,-1 => Auto-detect
    20. JTAGConf>
    21. Specify target interface speed [kHz]. <Default>: 4000 kHz
    22. Speed>
    23. Device "OMAP-L138" selected.
    24. Connecting to target via JTAG
    25. TotalIRLen = 50, IRPrint = 0x001444031F3D81
    26. TotalIRLen = 50, IRPrint = 0x001444031F3D81
    27. ****** Error: AM18xx (connect): Cannot find ICE-Pick (IRLen mismatch)
    28. TotalIRLen = 50, IRPrint = 0x001444031F3D81
    29. TotalIRLen = 50, IRPrint = 0x001444031F3D81
    30. ****** Error: AM18xx (connect): Cannot find ICE-Pick (IRLen mismatch)
    31. Cannot connect to target.
    32. J-Link>
    Display All
  • Hello,

Thanks Nino, but i‘ve already read this. It did not work, something is different.

Of course it did not work. The thread concludes that a connect is not possible and the provided JLinkScript was just a example from another device.
    So far all OMAP devices needed special handling and each device was different.
    Just trying out different OMAP devices we support until it works will not work here.

There is no manual about that device publicly available so we can't add support for it.
    Please understand that we can't put more time into this.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.