[SOLVED] Embedded Studio for AmazonFreeRtos : task awareness

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Embedded Studio for AmazonFreeRtos : task awareness

Hi guys,

I am currently evaluating Embedded Studio for development with Amazon FreeRTOS.

According to the link below, Embedded Studio comes with a RTOS plugin for Amazon FreeRTOS making it fully task aware.

https://www.segger.com/news/segger-embedded-studio-and-j-link-support-amazon-freertos/

Which plugin are they referring to and how can I use it in Embedded Studio ?

Thank you,
    Yves
  • Hello Yves,

Thank you for your inquiry.

How to enable the plugin is described on the following wiki article: wiki.segger.com/How_to_enable_RTOS_thread_awarness

If you are looking for an alternative RTOS from the J-Link ecosystem that also supports Amazon AWS we can recommend embOS: segger.com/products/rtos/embos/

We are currently working on example projects for embOS so our customers can use it out-of-thex-box. So should you be looking for a RTOS that is optimized for embedded systems, J-Link and supports Amazon AWS that embOS the way to go.

Should you be interested feel free to get in touch with our sales department.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks Nino for your quick answer,

Which plugin am i supposed to use with Amazon FreeRTOS ?

I've tried each of them and I have an error when debugging.

Using embOS plugin, I have the error : "Thread Script exception : can't convert undefined to an object"

Using threadCM3 or thread CMF4, i have : "Error reading from memory"

Thanks
    Yves
  • Hello Yves,

The embOS plugin will only work with embOS.
    Amazon FreeRTOS is a version of FreeRTOS so use the FreeRTOS thread awarness scripts.
    Keep in mind that these are only samples for Cortex-M3 and Cortes-M4F cores that are provided without further support.
    Should you need a script for another core type you can use these samples as reference and create your own.

What target device are you trying to program?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.