[SOLVED] Ozone: data graph for X-Y data, not time vs value?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone: data graph for X-Y data, not time vs value?

So, the Data Graph feature in Ozone is great. I used it extensively to verify some LED and display effects that went into a product, ensuring that the fades and holds were all correct for time and value.

BUT: How about the ability to graph an array of data on an X-Y graph from an array? With X being the ordinal index and Y being the data. That would be GREAT.
    Some IDE's (CCS and some Eclipse based ones) support that.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We will put this as a feature request on our ToDo list, but no promises on when and how it might be implemented.
    For now if you are looking for a way to analyze the data after the debug session you can export the graph data by right clicking on the graph and selecting Export.
    That way you can export the collected data in CSV format and use it in post-analysis in e.g. Excel.
    Does that help with your use case?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • That does not help with my use case, unfortunately, since I want to pause the debugger at some breakpoint and then look at the value of a 4096-element array in memory.
    Of course, I can do that in the Watch window, but it's still not a graph, and unfortunately, there does not even appear to be an "Export" for the Watch values. Consider that another feature request.

For now, I am just printing out the array and copy-pasting it into a CSV file, and plotting in Matlab.
  • Hello,

For this case we offer advanced memory window export functions.
    So you navigate to the start of the array in the memory window by right clicking and selecting GoTo. There you will also find a quick description on how to select a memory range.
    To export the selected memory range richt click and select Copy Special, there you will find different formats to copy into your clipboard which then can be saved in any fileformat you need.

Does that help with your setup?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • That is an OK solution. It does work, but it's a bit roundabout, so I have ended up just using the RTT output and copying from the console (JLinkRTTClient) anyway, but in already formatted output to paste into Matlab.