[SOLVED] J Scope - Sampling Rate at 1 Khz

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J Scope - Sampling Rate at 1 Khz

Hi,

I use J-Scope with J Link Plus V9.3. Despite the fact that I choose the sampling rate at 20 Khz, 30 Khz, 60 Khz or any other frequency faster than 1 Khz at J-Scope, it always samples at 1Khz which does not provide essential sensitivy for me. Is there a possible solution to fix this?

Best Regards
    Images
    • JScopeSS.JPG

80.07 kB, 1,062×723, viewed 629 times
  • Hello Makineci,

for higher sampling rates via HSS, a J-Link Ultra+ or J-Link Pro is required.
    However, due to limitations of the debug interface and debug logic, the upper limit (depends on the used MCU and the number of memory locations to sample) is at about 20kHz.

Alternatively, you can use the RTT interface to send the data to J-Scope. This will give you a higher bandwidth in total, but it requires some resources on the MCU.

Best regards
    Arne

PS: Please try our latest J-Scope beta.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you very much Arne,

It is the first time I'm using Segger. Is there a document which tells how to set up RTT for using at the J-Scope. I have SEGGGER J-Link Software and
    Documentation Package. In the manual there are some information about RTT, but it uses RTT Client, Logger etc... Is it the same way for the J-Scope, or are there any different ways?

Best Regards
  • Hello Makineci,

on PC side no additional tools are required. RTT needs to be implemented into the target application and to be configured for J-Scope.
    "Sample\Example Code RTT" in the J-Scope installation directory contains a sample project.

The documentation on how to use RTT with J-Scope is located in the J-Scope manual (UM08028):
    "Chapter 11 - RTT: Instrumenting an application to use it with J-Scope"

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.