Hardfault, STM32F7, Depending on the freamebuffer placement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hardfault, STM32F7, Depending on the freamebuffer placement

Hi there,

I'm using "stm32f746g-disco" with a custom 800x480 RGB display. The hardware and the initialization of the GUI and SDRAM seems to be OK. Also SDRAM test is running correctly. The SDRAM on this board is accessible from 0xC0000000 to 0xC0800000. When the start address of the framebuffer is configured to begin at 0xC0200000 everything is running fine. If I change the buffer to 0xC0000000 I get hardfault: bus fault and more specific precise data bus error. I don't understand, should I left some storage on the SDRAM before the framebuffer? Does eWin requires some storage to use before the framebuffer address?

Let me know if you need any further information on the system.

Thanks,
    Victor
  • Hi,

Where ist the GUI memory placed (take a look into GUIConf.c)?

Is it in the internal or external RAM?

If it is in the external RAM you should make sure that it doesn't overlap with the framebuffer.

Regards
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Sven,

Yes, they were overlapping. I thought that the framebuffer is part of the GUI memory and the emWin is taking care of how they are aligned. Anyway, it is clear now and you can consider this thread solved.

Thanks for the support.
    Victor