[ABANDONED] Ozone C++ Class variables shown with only function members

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Ozone C++ Class variables shown with only function members

Hi

It have now bothered me long enough that I have to ask if someone here have seen the same issue and maybe even have a fix. In my installation of Ozone (actually all installations of Ozone I have had), any watches of class variables is shown only with their function members. If I, however, make a typecast of the address of the class variable to a pointer of the class type in the watch window I can suddenly see the data members of the class (but if the class inherits from other classes I have to make a new pointer to the address shown of the part of the class with the inherited members (ozone shows me this address) to the parent class type to be able to see the data members of the inherited part of the class).

For an example if I have the following code in a cpp file:

C Source Code

1. class testclasstype
    2. {
    3. public:
    4. void setvar(uint32_t val);
    5. uint32_t getvar(void);
    6. private:
    7. uint32_t varval;
    8. } ;
    9. testclasstype globaltestinstance;

If I then add a watch to this simply by writing globaltestinstance in the watch window, the watch will only show me the setvar and getvar members, but will, however, show me the address of the instance and the type of the variable. If I instead write "(testclasstype*) 0xDEADBEEF" in the watch window (assuming that 0xDEADBEEF is the address of the class instance), I will see both the setvar and getvar and the varval data member.

Do anyone see the same issue and do someone know a way to fix this?

The post was edited 2 times, last by andcor ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us and it was not reproducible with our testfiles.
    What Ozone Version are you currently using?
    Could you provide us with an elf file where this issue is reproducible with?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.