[ABANDONED] Unknown Context Task 0x0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Unknown Context Task 0x0

Hi I'm new here and just getting started in the RTOS world with tracing tools. I managed to compile free rtos 10 with system viewer with minor changes.

Before I buy j-link I want to play around with the systemview.

I saved the memory content from kiel and converted hex to bin for import into systemview.

The application has two tasks with equal priority. One turns on an LED and another turns off the LED. The cpu alternates between these two tasks.

On the left pane I see a task 0x0. I'm not sure what happened here. Config and start are the first calls in main.

Also is systick and the schedular to be seen as well? I'm using a tiva c launchpad cortex m4.

[img]https://image.ibb.co/bVajwm/uknown_context_Task0.png[/img]

The post was edited 1 time, last by cheece2001 ().

• I purchased the debugger.

I got rid of task zero by putting the start call in my task 1 as the first thing being called.

For some reason I can't see the systick and the scheduler details. I am now with rtos 9 and the patch was applied. Not sure what happened. I did before see the scheduler when I was with RTOS 10. I must have messed something up.
    [img]https://image.ibb.co/j4GVuG/2.png[/img]

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Looks like the patch did not apply correctly. Keep in mind that the patch has been written as a reference for the GCC Cortex-M4 compiler. Should you be using another compiler in your project the patch needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I just got my j-link. Hopefully the hardware helps a little.

I am using keil so I'll keep fiddling around with the patch and all the files to get it to work properly. Would help if there was an example project for use with common ide .. ha

• I'm currently using arm compiler in keil but I will try to change my compiler and ide to get this thing up and running as fast as possible.

Is there alot I would need to change in the patch to work with arm keil?

Does system viewer only work with GCC?

• I took an rtos example from ti that uses keil and copied the rtos v8 files to try and applied the patch to it for my test application and it now somewhat works.

I just don't see the frequency of the systick. Says 0hz when it really isn't. Getting closer.

[img]https://image.ibb.co/e3r3bw/next.jpg[/img]