JLink cannot found more than 1 target at once

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JLink cannot found more than 1 target at once

I have a two CPUs, Coldfire and ARM based CPUs and I have installed JLink packages for both CPUs.

I can use those CPUs individually but not simultaneously. If I plug both JTAGs to my computer then JlinkCF.exe and JLink.exe finds only the device which I connected first. If I want to change the target cpu and I have both JTAGs connected then I have to disconnect both of them and reconnect the JTAG I need otherwise nothing is found from USB.

I guess that work a round would be to use a script where different usb ports would be specified but how I can establish more usb "ports" into my computer? Currently both J-Link usb drivers are in location 0. Also this scripting solution does not work if I my USB ports changes...

In my mind Jlink.exe should look for the ARM cpus and if nothing is found then kill itself and JLinkCF.exe only coldfire cpus. Looks like JLinkCF.exe is at least capable of halting/starting the arm cpu and vice versa. I can even give commands simultaneously from JLinkCF.exe and JLink.exe interface, however both controls the same CPU.

For me this looks like that there is something really wrong in the drivers... How I can flash both CPUs simultaneously without connecting/disconnecting the usb cables all the time?

The post was edited 1 time, last by jarkko ().