[ABANDONED] ST-Link to J-Link/J-Trace on STM32L476RC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] ST-Link to J-Link/J-Trace on STM32L476RC

Hi, trying to switch from ST-Link to J-Link without much success.

A- STM32L476RCTx based custom board
    B- OpenSTM32 / AC6 GCC based toolchain
    C- Nucleo-64 L476RG based ST-Link v2.1 debugger
    D- Using 'STM32 ST-LINK Utility.exe', did a 'Erase Chip'.

0x1FFF7800 = FFEFF8AA 00100755 FFFFFFFF 00000000
    0x1FFF7810 = 7FFF0000 8000FFFF FF00FFFF 00FF0000
    0x1FFF7820 = FF00FFFF 00FF0000 FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF

Works, slow but works (limited to 4 breakpoints though, if you want to have success with 'step out'/'run to')

-> log_stlink.txt

E- Added GNU MCU Eclipse plugin from gnu-mcu-eclipse.github.io/plugins/install/
    F- Made a connector custom bridge gnu-mcu-eclipse.github.io/developer/j-link-stm32-boards/
    G- Connected the J-Link, configured a 'GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging' based configuration (default)

This doesn't work like expected, flash is not performed successfully, PC get stuck somewhere in a rather random place.

H- To be sure it is not a bridge problem, I removed J-Link and switched to ST-Link firmware from segger.com/products/debug-prob…j-links/st-link-on-board/
    I- Executed 'JLinkSTM32.exe' (11) then 'JLink.exe' to get option bytes ('mem32 0x1FFF7800,C')

1FFF7800 = FFEFF8AA 00100755 FFFFFFFF 00000000
    1FFF7810 = 7FFF0000 8000FFFF FF00FFFF 00FF0000
    1FFF7820 = FF00FFFF 00FF0000 FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF

Got the same problem.

-> log_jlink_flash.txt

Any idea ?
    Files
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

To understand your setup correctly, you use the ST-Link on the Nucleo board as debug out to debug an STM32L4 on a custom board?
    Is that correct?
    Is there a specific reason why not simply use the J-Link you have registered with in the forum?

When using the converted ST-Link, can you connect to the target device at all?
    Could you crosscheck this with the J-Link Commander and post your results? wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Yeah, the original development took place using ST-Link.
    I then switched to J-Link/J-Trace (using GNU MCU Eclipse) but no luck.
    Tried to switch back to ST-Link but converted to J-Link but no luck either.
    So the problem is not the bridge (connector)
    Is the problem from the j-Link firmware (option byte, flashing dual bank) ?
    I will try J-Link Commander asap.