[SOLVED] Flasher portable plus NOT storing multiple image files

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher portable plus NOT storing multiple image files

Hi everyone!
    I have just recently got a Flasher portable plus and programming and nRF 51822 AC with it. So I have been using J Flash software v6.22d. I had opened the .hex file by File->Open Data File
    and it opens correctly. I connected my Flasher Portable Plus into the PC and selected File->Download Config and Data File to flasher. It downloads the "Flasher.cfg" and "Flasher.dat" file into the Flasher Portable Plus "Image 1" slot. And I also programmed my board using "PROG" button on the flasher and it works fine. :)

But I want to load more than one .cfg and .dat file into the Flasher Portable Plus into different image slot so that I can program the boards easily by just selecting the image using "SEL" on the flasher. But when i open another .hex file and select File->Download Config and Data File to flasher . It seems that it overwrites the old Flasher.cfg and Flasher.dat file into the same Image slot without saving it to the other image slot like "Image 2". Basically so its like i can only store one image at a time in the flasher portable plus which is quiet inconvenient.

I know this is a newbie question but help will be highly appreciated, since i am new to this platform.

Thanks!
    :-)

The post was edited 1 time, last by ahmed.hussain ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The setup for multiple files with the Flasher Protable is described int he Flasher user manual (UM08022_Flasher) which can be found in your J-Link install folder under Doc/Manuals
    There in Section 2.9 "Multiple file support" you will find information and a example on how to save multiple files onto the Flasher Portable Plus.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.