[SOLVED] Doxygen in Code Outline Preview Pane

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Doxygen in Code Outline Preview Pane

What version of doxygen does SES support? Does it support any markdown style comments?

I want to make a basic table to document the format of a message and would like the table to show in the Code Outline Preview Pane. If it doesn't support this do you have documentation on what it does support?

| Data Packet |
    |------------------------------|
    | Byte Num | Description |
    |:----|:-----------------------|
    | [0] | Wake Up Command|
    | [1] | Num Device Paired |

Link to markdown documentation for doxygen:
    stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/markdown.html

Thanks,
    Michael

**Edit:

I am using SES 3.34

The post was edited 1 time, last by mlynn217 ().

• Hello Michael,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Doxygen formatting is not natively supported by the Embedded Studio code editor.
    But you can do any code formatting manually of course.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Nino,

As seen in the Embedded Studio for ARM Reference Manual (Page 36) (segger.com/downloads/embedded-studio/EmbeddedStudio_Manual):
    The Code Outline window can now display doxygen style comments in the Preview pane.
    This was added a feature in Version 3.24. I do see it supports Doxygen Style comments. I understand that it might not support all of Doxygen itself but what are the Doxygen Style comments it does support?

Thanks,
    Michael
  • Hello Michael,

Thank you for the additional information.
    The functionality is provided through libclang.
    Unfortunately its documentation is rather vague so we do not have a complete list with supported comments.

The ones we know are supported are:
    \brief
    \param
    \returns

others might work as well, but they are untested.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.