[ABANDONED] JLink Version 6.22d - Trouble w/Verification and uVision Debugger w/STM32F407VG Target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLink Version 6.22d - Trouble w/Verification and uVision Debugger w/STM32F407VG Target

Hello All,

I'm using the Keil uVision environment under Windows 10 - I'd been using the Segger JLink Version 6.20e and did an upgrade to 6.22d.

The first sign of trouble was having issues with verification using the J-Flash tool.

The second sign of trouble was getting the following error message in the debugger; one of which I can't recover from without stopping the debug session and starting again from scratch (very undesirable obviously):

**JLink Warning: T-bit of XPSR is 0 but should be 1. Changed to 1.
    * JLink Info: Setting AIRCR.SYSRESETREQ
    **JLink Warning: T-bit of XPSR is 0 but should be 1. Changed to 1.

Are there any known issues with this target and 6.22d? Note I've backed out 6.22d and have gone back to 6.20e - J-Flash is OK but I'm still getting the error message in the debugger.

Right in the middle of an important debug cycle (as usual).

Thanks,
    John W.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    I just gave it a try with our STM32F407 Trace Reference Board and J-Flash.
    It was working as expected, I could erase, write, read and verify without any issues.

What J-Link device are you using for your setup?
    Could you provide the serial number of it?
    Does the following work with your setup when using J-Flash:

1. Erase target by pressing F4
    2. Do a blank check by pressing F2
    3. Generate test data under Target->Test->Generatel Test Data->press ok
    4. Program and verify the test data by pressing F6

Does that work for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

At this point I won't put 6.22d back on - I already know it has issues.

The issue I'd like answered is the issue I'm seeing in the debugger - what causes that?

I've seen posts similar to this - and the answer *always* seemed to be the version of JLink - hence why I'm asking this here.

For today, I have two machines that are running tests - both of those are JLink Ultra+'s - I can get those serial #'s - I am working remotely right now but have network access.

I'm using my J-Trace Pro right now - I'm going to see if I can reproduce the debugger results with that.

The serial # for my J-Trace Pro is: 751000342.

Thanks.
    Happy Holidays,
    John W.