[SOLVED] Write indirect to QSPI-NOR-FLASH via JTAG over CPU

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Write indirect to QSPI-NOR-FLASH via JTAG over CPU

Hello,
    I want to write a binary-file to a QSPI-NOR-FLASH.
    I am using an unprogrammed Embedded-Module with a Layerscape ARM Coretex A7 and J-LINK-Plus for programming.
    I can connect to the CPU via JTAG-Interface, but how do I manage to write the file into the NOR-Flash, that is connectet over QSPI to the CPU.
    (Memory-Mapping is available).

Thank you in advance :)
  • Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If the QSPI memory is memory mapped available to the J-Link you can simply use any of our tools and program the binary into the QSPI like you would do with internal Flash or RAM.
    For this we offer the open flash loader interface so users can add QSPI support for their devices on their own.
    A guide with a template project can be found here: wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices

After you have added the QSPI flash loader for your target device we recommend using our powerful tool J-Flash for programming tasks especially as you have a J-Link Plus where the J-Flash license is included.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.