[SOLVED] Additional Load File does not exist error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Additional Load File does not exist error

Hi, I'm Matthew. I use

- 64-bit SES 3.30 on 64-bit Windows 10 & MacOS (Nordic's free commercial license)

- J-Link Plus or onboard J-Link (Nordic's dev kits have a J-Link on the board itself)

- J-Link 6.22

- Nordic's PCA10040 v1.1.1 board (this board uses nRF52832-QFAA MCU)

If I configure the path of the "Additional Load File[0]" as an absolute path, SES loads the hex file nicely.

Whereas when it is configured as a relative path, it shows the above error.

I checked my directory several times using the "cd" command.

Since I push/pull codes from Windows 10 machines and MacOS machines, this relative path configuration is really important to me.

Can you help me with this error? That path configuration was the default configuration from Nordic, so I have no idea why this error shows up.

-Best Regards, Matthew
    -Best Regards, Matthew
  • Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your inquiry.

To use the relative path to your hex please use the project directory macro as base.
    e.g. $(ProjectDir)../../../test.hex

This is then relative to the .emProject file.

Does that work for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Wow, Nino! That was unexpected. Thanks for your answer, it works now. :thumbsup:

$(ProjectDir)/../../../../../../components/softdevice/s132/hex/s132_nrf52_5.0.0_softdevice.hex

was the answer. Problem solved! Appreciate your effort!

-Regards, Matthew
    -Best Regards, Matthew
  • Hi Matthew,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this case as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.