[SOLVED] Error while compiling J-Link script file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Error while compiling J-Link script file

My environment is an Analog Device ADuCM4x50 chip, debugging with IAR 8.11.2

I was using JLink v616f and all was working fine. When I updated to the latest one v622a, the following error pops up:

I looked at the other threads having this issue, but I'm unable to find the location of the JScript file. Could you guide me on fixing this issue?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The issue is that the latest J-Link software versions do not support some older Scriptfile formats.
    IAR ships with J-Link V6.16f which was able to parse these old commands.
    Unfortunately we do not provide JLinkScript support for ADuCM4x50 devices directly as they are provided and supported by AnalogDevices themselves.
    An up to date version can be found in the J-Link software V6.22a install folder under /Devices/AnalogDevices/ADSP-CM41

This Scriptfile comes without warranty from SEGGER as it is completely maintained by AnalogDevices.

As a workaround for now you can revert the J-Link DLL in IAR back to V6.16f when it was compatible.
    To do this go to the V6.16f install folder and launch JLinkDLLUpdater and update the DLL in the IAR install folder.
    Now everything should be working as before.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.