[SOLVED] "No editors" (sub)menu ..?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] "No editors" (sub)menu ..?

When I click on something which looks like a grey button, e.g. Project Explorer, or Contents, I get a sub-menu item shown "No editors"

See picture attached.

Is that bad, and what do I do about it? Do I need to assign some editors? What would I assign (and where..) for the examples shown on the pic.
    ?(
    Images
    • segger_no_editors_submenu.png

51.54 kB, 1,108×384, viewed 600 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This "popup" is just an indicator that you can drag open source files from the editor in that window and inspect it. So you can have multiple source files open next to each other.
    You don't have to configure anything to use that feature.
    We will see if that feature could be explained better in our documentation to reduce confusion.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • This "popup" is just an indicator that you can drag open source files from the editor in that window and inspect it. ..
    Could you clarify how to use this?
    In the context of my picture provided, what would I drag where?
  • Hi,

Attached are two screenshots showing what I mean.
    So basically you can move open source files, in this case main.c and startup... .S to different window docks so you can inspect multiple files at once.
    When you try moving one of these open source files by drag and drop you will also see some additional window areas pop up saying "Empty Dock".
    These are additional places you can drop windows and sourcefiles at.

Does this make more sense to you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • before.PNG

110.67 kB, 1,824×989, viewed 720 times
    • after.PNG

104.18 kB, 1,824×989, viewed 515 times

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

You are welcome.
    Is the initial question answered?
    Can this thread be closed?

Best regards,
    Nino