[SOLVED] Using the <-usb> option with the JFlash Command Line still pops up a windows to select Emulator in some cases

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using the <-usb> option with the JFlash Command Line still pops up a windows to select Emulator in some cases

I am using two FLASHER ARM in my system. Both are driven via JFlash Command Line 5.12e with batch files like this:

start /min /wait "JFlashSPI" %1 -openprj%2 -open%3,0x00000000 -usb%4 -exit

The -usb option is used to select which FLASHER we are wanting to drive. When the FLASHER are connected to their devices (NOR FLASH Memory in this particular case), all is fine. However, if the NOR FLASH device is bad, or not powered or the power is removed from the NOR FLASH during the programmation period, the pop-up to select which Emulator to connect to pops up and wait for a manual input on the window.

In that case, I would want the JFlash to trigger an error and exit with no manual operation ... which is the purpose of using the JFlash Command Line interface.

Is that a limitation in the software? What should I do to counter this?

Thanks
    Mathieu

The post was edited 1 time, last by mmassic ().

• Hello Mathieu,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You are using quite an old J-Link software version.
    Could you update to the latest version and see if the issue is solved?
    What revision of the Flasher ARM are you using?
    What is the serial number of the device?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Mathieu,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this case as solved and the thread will be closed.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.