[SOLVED]Can't connect to LPC2158

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Can't connect to LPC2158

I am trying to connect my J-Link adapter (it's an old one...will only run firmware up to 4.08l) to an NXP LPC2158 (datasheet attached). Functionally, it is supposed to be exactly the same as an LPC2148, except the 2158 also includes and embedded LCD controller. I have no problem connecting to my LPC2148s either through my IAR environment, J-Link Commander or J-Flash ARM (v 4.08l). However, I cannot connect to the 2158. I keep getting "No Core found on JTAG Chain." Also, whenever I try to connect, the LED on the adapter goes out and stays out. There is still clocking and pulsing going on with the JTAG, but it never connects.

I have attached a log file from the J-Flash ARM. It was produced using the LPC2148.jflash project, with the initial JTAG speed set to 5 kHz (since my adapter doesn't support adaptive clocking).

I appreciate any insight that anyone can give me on this problem.

lpc2157.lpc2158.pdf

JLinkARM.txt
  • Hello Fran,

it seems like your hardware simply is not working correctly.
    J-Link should connect and work find with the LPC2158.

On an other note:
    You write:
    "(it's an old one...will only run firmware up to 4.08l"

There should not be a problem running the latest software.
    What happens when you use the latest software ?

Can you download either the latest release or the latest Beta
    from segger.com/download_jlink.html
    and run J-Link commander and post the output ?
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Rolf,

I forgot to update my post. Yes, it was my hardware. The PCB came to me with a cut trace. I can now connect to the LPC2158 just fine. I now have an issue with downloading to flash within the IAR IDE, but that is no longer a J-Link problem.

Thanks,

Fran
  • Rolf,

When I try anything later than 4.08l I cannot connect to any device, even the 2148s. When I had asked Segger technical support about this, they informed me that the new firmware would not support the old J-Link, and told me to downgrade until I found one that worked. That's why I'm using 4.08l.

Are you telling me that this should not be the case?

SEGGER - Rolf wrote:

...There should not be a problem running the latest software.
    What happens when you use the latest software ?

Can you download either the latest release or the latest Beta
    from segger.com/download_jlink.html
    and run J-Link commander and post the output ?