[SOLVED] SWO debug output via J-Link Base from a TI CC2640R2F (cJTAG?)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SWO debug output via J-Link Base from a TI CC2640R2F (cJTAG?)

Hi,

I'm trying to get SWO debug - preferably with J-Link SWO Viewer - output via a J-Link Base from a TI CC2640R2F. Is this possible?
    It seems like the TI CC2640R2F is only supporting SWO via cJTAG, see ti.com/lit/gpn/cc2640 and processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/SWO_Trace#CC26xx_and_CC13xx. I wasn't able to find any documentation about J-Link supporting cJTAG. Anyway, I'm able to flash the MCU via JTAG an JLink.exe (v6.22a).

Cheers,
    Uwe
  • Hello Uwe,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you can connect to your target device through SWD and connect SWO to J-Link as described here, then yes it is possible. Otherwise not as cJTAG is currently not supported by J-Link.
    It might be added sometime next year but there is currently no fixed timeframe for adding that feature.

I assume you want to use SWO for printf debugging?
    For that we suggest using SEGGER RTT instead of SWO. More information can be found here: segger.com/products/debug-prob…about-real-time-transfer/

With RTT you are magnitudes faster and don't need a additional physical pin for data transfer.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.